Thursday, May 22, 2008

Desperate days

I saw him off at the station just like I had done so many times in the past. It was another one of his business trips and he had promised to be back home by the weekend. He never came back. The days that followed were desperate days – calls to all his business associates to try to locate him. No one had seen him. A trip to the city he had said he was going to, offered no clues. Contacts were used to search each and every hospital in town. No results. As news spread, harassment increased from people he owed money to. I broke down when I gave his photograph to the Missing People section of the TV station. The bus ride back home was equally painful. Tears refused to stop as memories of my childhood flashed in my head. He had been a good father to me.

No comments: