Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The city of my childhood

I was forced to leave the city i love so much, the city where I grew up, the city that gave me so much - my education, my sense of well-being, my first crush, my first love. Unforeseen circumstances led to giving it all up, to move to greener pastures, looking for new horizons.

Chandigarh is a city for the privileged, with it's beautiful architecture, greenery,gardens, planned development, cosmopolitan and warm-hearted people. It was not easy to say goodbye to the city which had witnessed the best seasons of my life, to bid farewell to friends who had so much been a part of my childhood. I remember touching the walls of my room and crying that lonely cry before I turned by back to the place which had been home to me for 17 long years.

I would like to go back some day, maybe when I am retired from work, to spend the rest of my battered life in peace.

No comments: